We work closely with each client to develop a service program that is tailored to meet their individual needs. When you work with our in-house risk management professionals, your company will benefit from our wide selection of customized services including:
Safety & Loss Control
We offer clients access to GPTrack our risk management center - a secure, web-based risk management and safety platform that includes:
- Incident Tracking and Claim Reporting
- Bilingual Resource Library
- MSDS Management
- Certificate of Insurance Management
- Job Description Builder
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) Library
- Employee Training Programs
- Human Resources and Benefits Platform
Workers' Compensation Services
With the help of our dedicated in-house workers’ compensation claims administrator, we are able to tailor specific service plans and timelines for our clients’ various workers’ comp needs.
- Experience Modification Projection and Analysis
- Reporting and Compliance Assistance
- Regular review of loss runs and open claims
- Review and advise on first aid program
- Strategic, ongoing evaluation of occupational medical providers
Safety & Human Resources Services
- Conduct safety program survey
- Perform facility inspection with written recommendations
- Review and assist with Injury & Illness Prevention Plan and safety incentive programs
- Review of specialized compliance programs (hearing conservation, respirators, hazard communication, etc.)
- On-site safety meetings and trainings with employees
- Provide ergonomic assessment
- Provide safety posters, pamphlets and videos
- Meet with managers and/or supervisors to discuss safety programs and workers' compensation issues
- Coordinate insurance carrier loss control
- Assist with personnel issues, such as hiring, termination, COBRA, etc.
- Review labor law posting requirements
- Review and assist with employee handbook
- Provide sample hiring packet
- Help develop job descriptions
- Provide sexual harassment prevention training (required for AB 1825 for employers with over 50 employees)
John Kosack, CRM CSMS
Human Resources & Safety Specialist
John joined George Petersen Insurance Agency at the Eureka location in 2002. A life-long resident of the North Coast, he has strong business and educational roots there. John is a Certified Risk Manager and a Certified Safety Management Specialist. He assists clients with their Human Resources and Safety program needs in a variety of ways, including forklift certification and sexual harassment prevention training. He and his wife moved to Redding in 2010, and enjoy the beautiful weather and recreational opportunities there, including hiking and kayaking.
Jared Goble, CHST, CSMS
Commercial Safety Administrator
Jared holds a business degree from the University of the Pacific in Stockton. Before joining GPIA in 2013, Jared worked in industrial automation sales, providing technical consulting for machinery used in industrial facilities, as well as implementing safety procedures and audits. Jared has experience with a range of industries from waste water treatment to industrial machinery, with a particular focus on wineries and agriculture.
Jared is a graduate of the OSHA Institute at UC San Diego, and holds a professional certificate in Occupation Health and Safety in both Construction and General Industry. Jared is also certified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals as a certified Construction Health and Safety Technician. An authorized OSHA outreach trainer, Jared works with our clients regularly on safety, compliance, and onsite employee trainings.
Deborah Dean, CCA
Workers' Compensation Claims Administrator
Deborah’s career in claims management began in 1998 at State Compensation Insurance Fund where she excelled in her position so much that she received the “Adjuster of the Year” award in 2010 and “President’s Award for Corporate Excellence” in 2002. In addition to being a Certified Claims Adjuster, Deborah is also a licensed insurance Agent. She grew up in Sonoma County and still lives in Sebastopol with her husband and two children, where all four are students of American Kenpo.
Workers' Compensation Claims Administrator
Charlene Dunlap has more than ten years of experience in workers’ compensation claims administration. She became a Workers’ Compensation Insurance Technician at State Fund in 2004, where she actively managed a caseload of 50 to 100 claims at all times. During her tenure at State Fund, she focused on quickly moving claims to closure through active claims management, and was able to close nearly 80% of all claims within the first six months. In addition, she employed an aggressive and proactive approach to return-to-work policies, resulting in significant return savings for employers.
Charlene joined George Petersen Insurance Agency as a workers’ compensation claims administrator in 2013. A seasoned veteran in the field, Charlene has an in-depth understanding of the claims process and a proven track record in effective claims management and timely settlements.
Property & Casualty Claims Administrator
A native Santa Rosan, Jane has spent her entire professional career in the insurance field in various roles. She started in 1987 with State Farm, before moving to a law firm specializing in insurance claims defense then to the company side of insurance. Jane joined George Petersen in 2013 where she uses her vast claims experience and knowledge gained from getting her commercial insurance license to help guide our clients through the process of property & casualty claims and subrogation.