The front desk coordinator is responsible for welcoming visitors, determining their needs, and directing them accordingly. Insurance experience is preferred but not required. This is a full-time, long-term position with great opportunities for development.
- Greet visitors, determine their needs, and direct them to the proper person or office.
- Receive all telephone calls incoming to the agency and refer calls to the proper person or office.
- Route incoming faxes.
- Take messages for agency personnel.
- Act as a mailroom, responsible for opening and sorting mail.
- Pull and distribute documents from carrier websites.
- Process MVRs, including confirming requests are complete and maintaining MVR log per agency procedure.
- Perform other clerical and job-related duties or special projects, as required.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- MUST have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Possess excellent communication skills, understanding that this position is the first contact with our company.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-visibility area with frequent interruptions.
- High degree of patience and compassion necessary.
- Be a team player, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Dependability is essential.
- Must have a professional attitude and work style.
- Pay depends on the level of experience, willing to train. Entry-level range is $18.00 to $22.00/hour.
- Benefits are available.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Frequently sit for long periods of time.
- This is a public contact position that requires appropriate business apparel.
The statements contained in this job description reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
George Petersen Insurance Agency is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, or military service. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent the performance of essential job duties.
Location: Redding, CA
Salary: $18 - $22
Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
Monday - Friday
Why George Petersen?
We don’t work for an insurance company; we work for you. By earning the confidence and respect of our customers, we build lasting relationships as part of their decision-making team. Ultimately, this approach results in a client retention rate that is consistently over 95%, one of the highest in the industry.
Giving back to the communities that our employees and clients live in is an important part of our philosophy. See what we are doing to keep our communities thriving.
We take pride in providing our employees a great place to work and providing top level service to our clients. We are honored when others recognize these efforts, take a look at some of the recognition we have received.
Whether you’re looking to protect your family, home or business, we have the experience you’re looking for.